Sunday, 10 April 2016

Ghost.


14/9/15
21:03

I lost you fast and I lost you hard. But you're happy and I'm happy for you. I lie still in this small room, a few time zones away from you, with walls cheap and paper thin. I can hear a Japanese couple fucking right beside me. God, it's so fucking thin.

You wouldn't think so, but I think we're very alike. We're ghosts. But I don't haunt you. But what we do as ghosts, differ. I'm just a boy, ghosting his life away. You're just a girl, haunting this ghost of a boy; me.

I can't ignore you. It's not scary, it's not calming. It's calming. As I lie on this cheap bed, I see your ghost hovering above me. You're there, except you're not. How could you be? You're 10 hours away.

I can almost hear you. 

"I'm happy." Your ghost is happy, and I'm sure you are.

"I-I'm happy for you." And I truly am.

That's the unsaid rule of breaking up, isn't it? We turn into ghosts, and one has to haunt the other. It's all my fault. It's not your fault. I need your hauntings. 

They say, you will never heal if you linger in places you don't belong. I say, fuck that. Why should I be spending tonight alone? If I can't be around you, I'll do just fine with your ghost.

In God's own time, all will be well.

No comments :

Post a Comment