Monday, 19 November 2012

We are catapulted towards death. Have you ever wondered why we even bother to try?

Photobucket

Relationships are hard. Coming from a 17-year-old, I know I'm not in any position to give any advice, opinion, or view in relationships. What I'm about to share is all in the form of stream-of-consciousness, which means, I write whatever comes to my head. What I'm about to say does not necessarily apply to me, but to relationships as a whole. Why are relationships hard? Well, relationships take a lot of commitment and compromise, especially. It's like, you want this, but he/she doesn't. It could be deciding on a movie or even deciding when to start having sex. It's hard, you know, if your partner disagrees, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and do what they want, because that's what keeps a relationship going. And fights,......oh God, don't get me started. Things may seem pretty sweet at the start, "the honeymoon period", as it is called, but once problems such as, ex-girlfriends/boyfriends, studies, and priorities, settle in, you're in for one hell of a ride. It sucks to fight, you just want to be ripped off the face of the earth, because that's how I feel. Different people may have different reactions to fights, but whatever it is, hang on. That should be one of the many rules built into a relationship. I deal with fights by switching my phone off and chill with my friends. Seems a little childish, but hey, that's just how I get by. Relationships are messy, that's for sure. They suck. They suck the living love and hate out of you. Relationships can make you hate people you don't even know. It's like you want to be alone, yet you want to be loved. You don't know what you want. I'll tell you what you want, you want your partner. I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for nearly 3 years and it's not been all sunsets and holding hands, we've had fights, pretty serious ones. But I try my best to hold on, even if it makes me fucking insane. People say relationships are all about trust, I agree. However, not many people know this about me, but fuck, I am one insecure son of a bitch who has serious trust issues. You can never trust a person 100%, though I try my best. And to make matters worse, I am an overthinker. I think of different scenarios my partner would cheat on me and it fucking kills me. I love being in a relationship, but sometimes these thoughts take a toll on me. I want to trust, but I just can't and the thing is, I don't even know why. Jealousy is a big part of any relationship. I don't know about other people, but my girlfriend and I are very strict when it comes to these type of things. For example, we can never be alone with the opposite sex. Doing so constitutes cheating. It's stupid I know, but that's how we deal with jealousy and trust. And that's also why we're going strong. I try my best not to include females in my lives, all the time, just to not upset her, but sometimes, I just can't help it (school, friends, etc.) I hope she sees that I am one faithful as fuck motherfucker and that she appreciates me for what I am because I promise she will never find anyone else as faithful who treats her like she's more than a princess. That said, relationships make you feel warm inside, cliché, but true. Those nights you talk on the phone and say goodnight, you instantly know you love your partner. It's worth it, I promise. I would never change anything in my relationship, because everything's perfect (well, almost). I can never leave. Though, if something were to happen, it's going to be so hard falling in love again because there's just too much to throw away/too much to forget. I have been writing this for 2 weeks and I'm not even done yet. Here's part one out of many. If you've made it this far, I thank you for taking your time to read it. Will continue writing it over a few more weeks. See you soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment