Thursday, 3 October 2013

es·cap·ism

 photo tumblr_mfe98ik0921riae2mo1_500_zps9ba26ce3.gif

I think of myself as an individual. An individual confined in a make-believe world bounded by expectations and laws I completely disagree with. "I was never terribly fond of waking up.

I hate waking up to the smell of a new day. I always look forward to the setting of the sun because I know slumber awaits me, no matter how short. I hate the added weight societal expectations puts on my shoulders every time I step out of the house. I love snoozing in on Saturday mornings because extra sleep equals extra dreams which equals an escape from schoolwork.

I admit and I succumb to the fact that I can never really escape stress, that's why I value sleep so much. I never liked waking up, and one day when it's all over, maybe then I'll be glad to. 

See you soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment