Friday, 4 October 2013

The perfect wedding.

 photo nemo_zps5bf0839d.gif

Before you read on, I'd like you to know that I may come off as a bit feminine but that's fine by me because I've accepted the fact that I have quite a tendency to let the girl in me express herself. I'll try my best to make it as realistic as possible.

The day & date is Saturday, 29th February 2020. It's not that I don't fancy traditional weddings, it's just that I would love to have a wedding unparalleled to others. That's why the venue of my choice would be in a large, rectangular gazebo, or an indoor hall. For the purpose of this story, I'd love to have it under a gazebo, overlooking a beautiful ocean.

Normally, the signing of documents to legalize the marriage would be done on the wedding day itself, but I'd like to have it done and over with days or even weeks before the actual wedding, so nobody has to get up early and be cranky during the wedding itself. The wedding celebration would commence in the late afternoon, around three or four. This is unorthodox, considering weddings take place in the morning and end in the late afternoon. Having a later-than-usual wedding would allow my guests and myself time to prepare for my special day. 

And don't you worry, the gazebo will be air-conditioned, so suits and dresses would be very much welcomed, but if you prefer to wear other formal clothes, I would have no qualms about it. There would be round tables all around the gazebo for the guests. My bride and I would be sitting at the front of a very long table, with our family members and close friends beside us. 

The gazebo would be intricately and delicately decorated with flowers (real ones) and beautiful table cloths, I would imagine. I would love to have an ice sculpture at the back of the gazebo and I would like the air to smell of rose petals, bloomed the night before unlike how I'm going to un-bloom my wife on that night. (ignore the fact that I just said that) 

As for entertainment and music, I would prefer a live band accompanied by an emcee rather than a DJ. The band would constantly be playing jazz music or other music that would calm the mood. 

Now my favourite part; food. I would like the food to be served like it were a banquet. Starters, main course, dessert, beverages. I'm not going into detail of what I would like to be served but there will definitely be a chocolate fountain.

That's pretty much it for now. Remember the date, 29th February 2020. I'll send out invites online because that's just how I roll. I'll see you there. Thanks for reading.

No comments :

Post a Comment