The date was March 16th 2011. I remember we were sitting on some rocks at the beach. The time was half past 8 in the evening. It was a Wednesday. I remember this because about a week later, I would have been suspended from school and I remembered how badly I missed you.
The night was breezy and I was nervous. Being together for about 10 months, you'd think I'd be pretty chill about it. But no, I was a roller coaster of emotions that night. We talked normally and I remember kissing you. You kissed back.
I looked at you like I've never looked before and remembered how I haven't actually told you I loved you in real life. I decided it was the perfect moment to finally drop the 'L' word face-to-face.
"I love you." Surprisingly, it came out easily. It felt so natural, as if my lips were meant to say those words to you. I wasn't expecting a reply, perhaps just a smile back, because I remembered how much you struggled to tell me you loved me back, even on the phone at night. But then, your lips parted and you replied,
"I love you, too."
It was beautiful.
And so were you.
No comments :
Post a Comment