Monday, 6 January 2014

2013 was never a terrible year.


I actually entered 2014 thinking that 2013 was a terrible year; probably the worst in my life. Almost a week into the new year, I think I've changed my mind.

2013 was never a terrible year. If anything, it was more than eventful and sincerely life-changing.

I did things I never thought I would and I said things I wish I could take back. I hurt the wrong people and fell for others too fucking easily. Nonetheless, this year may be out of key, but they were memories made and lessons learnt.

Thanks to 2013, I'm going into 2014 with my head held high, a stronger version of myself; emotionally and mentally. I've learnt to think thrice before putting myself in any situation (because twice sure as hell doesn't work for me).

If there's any one thing I could take away from 2013, I'd say that we should constantly find ways to forgive ourselves for all the many mistakes we've made;

because harping over the past only makes us miss it more than we ever should. We kissed, loved and fought last year and I expect the same from this year. These little adventures will be the things we look at come 2015.

Here's to another rollercoaster ride of a year.

No comments :

Post a Comment