I don't think anyone should ever be ashamed of what they listen to. I think music as a whole, as long as passion and pride is put into it, is beautiful. I honestly don't think I'll ever love anything intangible as much as I love music.
There's something about music that makes me feel so at home, you know? I think music is an explosive expression of our personality, it shapes us, it defines us, and it tells stories about us. One look at a person's preferred playlist, and you can guess what they've been through. Well, not accurately but you get what I mean.
I think music plays an important role in our lives. For some of us, we seek refuge in music. We would crawl into the spaces between note and lyric when the going gets tough and leave our shelter of harmonies when the going gets better.
For some of us, we look at music as a religion. A religion that everyone believes in and a religion that brings people together because it allows us to experience the same emotions. People everywhere are the same in heart and spirit.
For others, we look at music as a form of remembrance of memories, be it good or be it bad. It's cruel that music as a form of remembrance should be effortlessly beautiful. It has the beauty of every heart-wrenching emotion, loneliness and pain and at the other end of the spectrum, strength and freedom.
However you look at music, enjoy it and take pride in it because it is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. It is the medicine to a breaking heart and it is the literature of life. Whether you like it or not, it produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.
In endless and infinite possibilities of thoughts, these have been mine on music. What's yours?
No comments :
Post a Comment