
I don't know if you know this about me, but I haven't really been faithful to my religion. I'm hoping to change that, though. I won't express my views on religion because I already have here.
There are a few reasons why I want this change. I went for prayers the other day, and I felt a certain serenity in my heart and mind. It felt weird because everything in my life at that moment was pure and utter shit. Somehow, I just felt better. I don't know if you've experienced it before but it sure calmed my nerves.
Like I said, I've been going through a pretty rough patch these few weeks. Like I said, "pure and utter shit." Don't get me wrong, I'm not using religion as a way of making things right, but I'd like to use it as a guide. A guide in making better decisions, doing better things and maybe lead a better and happier life.
This comes after I realised that maybe I'm being punished for all the wrongs I've done. You might think that it's all coincidence and stuff like that, but I shit you not, I always experience something terrible after doing a terrible thing. I hope by doing good things, I'll experience good things too. Even if that doesn't work out, I'll do my best to stick with my faith, because maybe only God can help me.
I'll leave you with a quote from the Lord's Prayer. I'm Muslim, by the way, but I really do find this line meaningful.
".. and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil."
If you enjoyed reading this post, do subscribe to Paraswing (by submitting your email at the top of this blog) and do click on the ads and help me become a better version of myself.
No comments :
Post a Comment